Friday, September 16, 2011

DIY projects

I am frequently doing DIY projects that I can sell in the antique booth that I have at Sisters Antique Mall in Saginaw, TX.  Our booth is titled Not Too Shabby.  My best friend Amy & I enjoy redoing furniture and making old things repurposed.  Here are a few of the projects and items you can find FOR SALE!


This is an old dish strainer that I put ribbon around and tied bows to the corners.  It is now a repurposed mail organizer.


These are parts from an old lantern or planter.  I repurposed them into outdoor hanging lanterns.  See pic below.


Hanging lantern I made out of the base of either an old lantern or planter.


These can be used for fruit stands, cake stands, jewelry holders, or even candle holders.  They are vintage  plates on stands.


A picture of a shelf in our booth.  The cross necklace is handmade by myself and I also made the matching earrings. Amy made the pin cushion frame, there is a similar product in Pottery Barn, but Amy is selling her's much cheaper.


This is a shabby chic table that Amy has re-done.  Before it was black.


Another one of Amy's projects.  An old iron cross that she placed on an old cupboard door.


Handmade jewelry


An old door plate and knob that I repurposed for a towel holder or can used as a jewelry holder.

No comments:

Post a Comment